Log In. Toggle navigation MENU. Email Address.
More detail-bludgeoning than riveting tale of mettle against mountain. Kirkus Reviews Issue: Aug. Email address:.
Please provide an email address. Categories of Interest: Select All. Current Affairs.
Historical Fiction. True Crime.
Into the Silence: The Great War, Mallory and the Conquest of Everest (The Bodley Head)
Profession: Author. Event Coordinator.
Film Executive. Three as army surgeons dealt for the duration with the agonies of the dying.
- Into the Silence: The Great War, Mallory, and the Conquest of Everest - Wade Davis - Google книги.
- Reward Yourself;
- The Weakness (Animorphs, Book 37)!
- Search form;
- Beyond Brain Death - The Case Against Brain based Critieria for Human Death - Philosophy and Medicine Vol 66?
- Pentecostals, Proselytization, and Anti-Christian Violence in Contemporary India.
- [Magazine] Scientific American. 2011. Vol. 305. No 5;
Two lost brothers, killed in action. All had endured the slaughter, the coughing of the guns, the bones and barbed wire, the white faces of the dead. In a monumental work of history and adventure, ten years in the writing, Wade Davis asks not whether George Mallory was the first to reach the summit of Everest, but rather why he kept on climbing on that fateful day.
Into the Silence the Great War Mallory & the Conquest of Everest Uk Hb
His answer lies in a single phrase uttered by one of the survivors as they retreated from the mountain: 'the price of life is death. His many film credits include Light at the Edge of the World , an eight-hour documentary series produced for the National Geographic Channel.
In he will receive the Fairchild Medal for Plant Exploration.